Snowmobile rules for the town of Winthrop
Each Snowmobile must have a muffler in good working condition; it must have a working tail light and stop light.
- Headlights must be on at all times.
- Snowmobiles must be equipped with a 4 foot flag attached; the color can be anything but white.
- It will be unlawful to drive, operate or park a snowmobile on any sidewalk.
- City streets are not to be used as a practice or play area.
- In the use of streets, motor vehicles and pedestrians shall have the right of way with respect to the snowmobiles.
- Snowmobiles shall operate at the extreme right hand side of the roadway single file and shall stop at all intersections.
- No person under the age of 16 shall operate a snowmobile. No person without a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License shall operate a snowmobile.
- Maximum speed shall be 20 miles per hour.
- Snowmobiling is prohibited after 10 p.m. and before 8 a.m. at all times.
- No one shall operate a snowmobile under the influence of any liquor or intoxicating substance.
- Snowmobiles are not allowed on SR20, including in town, and are only allowed to cross it under the specific conditions laid out in RCW 46.10.460.
- Violators will be prosecuted in accordance to Chapter RCW 46.10.