Winthrop Marshal's Office

The purpose of this web site is to keep the public informed, to allow citizens to be able to voice their opinions on police matters and to provide another resource to help with crime prevention.

About Us
Contact Us
Site Map
Online Forms
Domestic Violence
Share and Care
Snow Mobile Rules
Frequently Asked Questions

Q:Where can I get my vehicle tabs renewed?

A:You can renew online at or in person at

Vehicle Licensing and Services

141 North Glover

Twisp, WA 98856-0202

Phone: (509) 997-2886

Q:Where can I find info on RCW’s and town ordinances?

A:Local Municipal codes can be found here.

Revised Code of Washington statues can be found here.

Q: Do I need to register my Dogs? Where can I do that?

A: Dog licensing is required for Dogs kept within town limits. The licensing fee is only $5 for each neutered or spayed dog and $10 for unneutered or un-spayed dogs. If you’ve lost your license tag you can get a new one for $1.00. If your dog gets lost and you’ve licensed your pet we will have your pets name, phone number and address on file and can help make sure your pet finds their way safely home. For more info on pet licensing or city ordinances please contact the Winthrop Town hall.

Town of Winthrop

206 Riverside Ave / PO Box 459

Winthrop, WA 98862


Q: I received a ticket, what are the scheduled court dates?

A: Please emaill the Court Clerk at Be sure and review your citation for the appropriate court date and call the number listed on the citation to verify.

Q: Where can I get information on Okanagan County registered sex offenders in my community?


Q: What are my rights as a Landlord or Tenant?

A:Landlord Tenant issues are usually civil in nature. The Winthrop Marshal’s Office cannot provide legal advice. Landlord Tenant disputes are covered by Washington States

Residential Landlord Tenant Act. (RCW 59.18)

Q: I'd like to get my CPL (concealed weapons permit) where do I do that?

A: If you are simply renewing your CPL license you download and complete the form located on our online forms section. This form can then be returned to Darlene Schoenwald at the Winthrop Marshals Office during the regular scheduled office hours of Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:00am to 2:00pm. A $32 fee will be due at the time of the renewal. Darlene can be contacted at (509) 996-2160

More information regarding Washington State Concealed Pistol licenses can be foundhere.

Q: I need to get fingerprinted. Can I do that at the Marshal’s Office?

A: The Okanagan County Sheriff’s office has digital fingerprinting services. This method is much more accurate and results are returned much faster that the old method of ink fingerprinting. The Okanogan County Sherriff’s office can be contacted at

Q: How do I obtain a copy of my case file?

A: To request public records please contact

Town of Winthrop
206 Riverside Avenue
PO Box 459
Winthrop, WA 98862
Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm

You will need to fill out a request for records form which can be obtained from the online forms section of this site.

Q: What are my responsibilitiesin a vehicle accident?

A: At a minimum the two drivers involved need to exchange insurance and contact information. If there are any injuries and the damage to either vehicle appears to be over $700.00 call 911 for emergency personnel. If the damage is under $700.00 you can pick up an accident report form from our office. If the accident occurred within Winthrop city limits we can help by filling out a police report. It is always a good idea to take pictures of the scene and damage if an officer isn’t present.

Q: What roads are open to ORV's in Okanogan County?

A: Check out the Okanogan County Website for a current map of roads open to ORV's.